Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Goodwill is Great for Staging


Almost every property I stage has a set of build-ins or bookshelves that could use a little pizzazz.  That means that I'm constantly building my inventory of staging items that I can add to some bookshelves.  One of my favorite places to shop for staging accessories is Goodwill.  Although I don't find something every time I pop in, every once in a while I find something that will work, like these candlesticks (3 for $5)...

These guys were probably OK, as is...

but I wanted to give them a little update with this Metallic Glaze.

After giving them a light sanding, I started applying the glaze.

Since it's a glaze the drying time was pretty long.  I ended up waiting a day between each coat.

Once they were dry, they were ready for a bookshelf.

 I love their shiny, modern feel...not bad for $5 and some paint.



No comments:

Post a Comment