Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Table Makeover


End tables and side tables are essential when I'm staging a vacant home, or just adding some fun new accent pieces to a furnished home.  That's why I'm always on the hunt for tables...even ones that aren't in the best condition.  Enter this guy...


I found this table for $10 at an estate sale.  It was originally listed for $25, but since I was there during the last hour of the sale, the girls running the sale were willing to negotiate - score!


After I got the table home and gave it a good cleaning, I started the painting and makeover process.  First step:  spray paint.  Second and third steps:  spray paint some more.



Finally, I added two layers of water-based polyurethane.  This was my first time using the product.  I learned from the paint salesman that I should only stir the polyurethane - never shake, and that it should be applied with a brush, not a roller.  I followed his advice and in the end I was so happy with the final makeover.



A few days after it was all dry, fresh, and shiny, it ended up in this bedroom that I staged.





I have a feeling that this pretty white table will spruce up a lot of staged spaces in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Great job. Your bedroom is huge! Mine is about 1/4 that size, but I love my little home.

    ReplyDelete