Friday, December 6, 2013

Clearing the Clutter


Clutter...we all have it.  Actually, as I'm writing this post, my entry table is lined with a plethora of chotchkies, my kitchen counters are covered in small appliances and dishes, my bookshelves are filled with one (or twenty) too many books.  Clutter - it's normal...until, you want to sell your house.

When I'm helping people prepare their home for the market, one of our most important conversations and activities is getting rid of the clutter.  I encourage homeowners to think of staging their homes like pre-packing.  All the extra stuff on counters, shelves, and tables has to get packed anyway, right?  Why not get a head start and clear out some of the stuff?

It's amazing what a little de-cluttering can do.


BEFORE


AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

Seeing all these "after" photos is inspiring me to declutter a little more in my life...bookshelves here I come!



No comments:

Post a Comment